Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Don't Expect Much

Sometimes, I just want to sit in a corner and kick my feet and scream my head off (kinda like that kid in the store when her mother refused to buy her the chocolate and then actually had the guts to discipline her when she slapped her mother. I just hope my mother doesn't drag me out of the "grocery store"(a.k.a. the living room) kicking and screaming when I don't behave. Applause to that mother by the way. Don't see that enough these days.) My tantrum would be for no other reason than that sometimes I feel like life is not fair. Nothing horrible has happened. In fact quite the opposite, good things have come my way lately. However, sometimes I want that piece of chocolate along with the quiet, little, good things that come my way. (Mmmmm chocolate!!! Giving up chocolate for Lent....tough when you're a chocoholic.)

This is not a complaint about life in general, it just seems like I'm having to work my way up from a tough position right now and I'd like some extras in life to make things easier. I know, I know. No one said life would be easy, but we all wish it sometimes. Admit it, you all have your moments when you think, "That's just not fair!" (and then you immediately want to smack your brain because it has the gall to remind you that life's not fair....IN YOUR MOTHER'S VOICE TO BOOT!! That's just adding insult to injury.)

I don't think it's asking life for too much to make just this one thing easy for me. I'm not going to tell you what that thing is. I'd rather see what theories you all come up with and choose to share with me. I've gotten some hilarious messages from people and would love to get more. Can't things just work out without me having to stress whether they actually will or not? Even just a moderate amount of initial success would be something I would hoot and holler about. I would give life some glowing recommendations and tell everyone what a great thing life is and that they really can't live without something that wonderful (Hmmmm...I'm not sure how this train of thought ran off the rails, so.....ummmmm......yeah.)

In the end, I'm not asking for much. Just that one little piece of chocolate. Please, Life? Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!

Yeah, I'll go to my room now and think about what I'm asking for and how much you've already given me.

Meanie!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. I'm so curious! I hope you achieve all that you set out to do. And get lots of chocolate as a prize.

    (chocolate is my proof that God loves me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just re-reading this and thinking, "Man, I was really whiny yesterday!" Then I got your comment and LOLed.

      P.S. You are soooooo right about chocolate!

      Delete
  2. I think there are times when we do just need to let it out. Like untying the corsets of our brains.

    ReplyDelete

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.