Friday, February 3, 2012

Clumsy Enough to Wear Padding (or Really Glad I Carry What God Graced Me With)

You know a teenager who has recently gone through a growth spurt when you see one. They're gangly and at least slightly, if not completely, uncoordinated. They never seem to know where to put their hands and their legs are so long that their feet don't ever seem to land where they expect them to. Well, I can sympathize. Learning how to coordinate myself in this body has not been easy. I fell asleep in the body of a child and woke up in the body of a 32 year old. It's bound to throw anyone off, I'm sure, let alone someone who wasn't that coordinated to begin with.
I don't remember being clumsy as a kid, but I get the impression as an adult I was less than graceful. I blame this on my best friend. She rubbed off on me. There's a reason her nickname was "Grace" when we were growing up. (She might never speak to me again after this. :-P Love ya, Babe!!) I apparently thought this was cool and decided I wanted to be just like her.  I honestly can't think of any other reason why I turned out clumsy. I'm short, with short, stubby legs and short, stubby arms, so there's not really much for me to trip on or far for me to go when I fall. I'm just little all around (well, not really around although that'd be nice, too) Usually when I think clumsy, I think long legs or disproportionate limb to body ratio. I most DEFINITELY do not fit into either of those categories.

I'm fine now. (I know, I know. That's a matter of opinion.) Well, most of the time I'm okay. I still have moments where I don't feel like I fit. I feel just a bit off, like my hand doesn't land where I expect it to because my arms are longer than I was thinking. Or I trip over something becuase I know it's there, but my foot ends up not landing where I was aiming.  It's difficult at best when these things happen, because it's yet another reminder of where I am in my life. Sometimes I think I shouldn't be allowed to get up out of bed without proper padding and a helmet to protect myself. However, I don't have anything to protect everyone else from my clutzy moments.

Just don't walk too close, or I might just drag you down too!
________________________________________________________________________________

"I wish I could blame it on the choreography, but it's not a musical. I just had a clumsy moment." ~ Delta Burke

"I'm not clumsy, I'm accident-prone!" ~ Daniel Radcliffe

1 comment:

  1. ROFL...I actually have no frame of reference for this whole "not clumsy/clumsy" thing because, well, I am that cool person you always wanted to be like.....

    ReplyDelete

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.