Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bad Impressions

It has been brought to my attention by someone that I love that I have made a bad impression on some people by posting blog posts that are more personal than necessary. This person is my brother, and he is absolutely right.

I would love to say that I have posted what I've posted because it all pertains to my recovery, but that wouldn't be the truth. That's not to say that it doesn't pertain to my recovery. Learning to deal with the repercussions of my past is an important part of what I've had to do, often before I even knew what that past was. However, more often than not, when I wrote posts about my ex-husband and my past with him, I wrote those posts out of anger, not out of a need to explore how I deal with those memories.

I've written things that have hurt my family, especially my children. I apologize for hurting others. I had no wish to do so. Dealing with the anger that is brought up by my past coming back to me is something I have to be better at. I have to learn to deal with those things before I post. Learn to put the anger behind me before I post anything.

Not all of the posts that I have been told were inflammatory were written as such. They weren't even written in anger. They are just things I have to deal with. Those I do not, nor will I ever, apologize for.

Even at my most inflammatory I have endeavored to tell the truth to those that choose to read this blog. No matter how hard or harsh that truth is or may be presented. This truth has helped others to understand, not only what it is like to go through living with amnesia, but that there are others out there suffering with it as well. It has helped some people see that they are not alone.

With that in mind I will work harder in the future to keep this blog less focused on the anger that the past can cause, but on how I deal with that anger and hurt.

Thank you for sticking with me through the hard times and the good. God bless you all. (And in the future I will try to leave you all without those bad impressions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.