Monday, June 4, 2012

Out of Reach

We all have things we want to achieve in life. Some of our dreams are bigger than others. It seems like, if we have small dreams we should be able to reach them with a little work. Days like today, however, it feels like those small dreams are even more out of reach than the big ones.  I have dreams of going back to school and getting a degree (in chemical engineering, no less.) That's a pretty big dream. I have a dream of owning my own home and having a "normal" life (well, as normal as MY life could ever be considering how crazy I am on a daily basis.) Also, a pretty big dream.

I have a dream of moving back up to Michigan, getting a basic office job or even just flipping burgers if it affords me enough to support myself, my kids, and my sister, seeing my kids, and living a simple life for a couple of years. Not too big. Not too unattainable, right?  Not so much.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday that may make all of this null and void if I can't get the problem fixed. It's frustrating and infuriating that people just can't think for five seconds. "Gee, I'm sending this letter to an address several states away. She probably couldn't swing a face to face meeting, since she can't even come up with the money to send a little bit each month. Guess we should set this up for an over the phone deal." 

Could I really lose my "little" dream that everything is built around right now because someone is not thinking? Yup, I really could. Things just feel unattainable right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.

GROUP HUG!!!! Friends make everything better.